Examiner will choose which car you do parallel park.
- Signal to the right pulls up even to the front car (approach very slow). Have about 2-3 feet distance from parked car mirror to mirror (check nobody is in the parked car; if someone is in the car mention that to the examiner).
- Back up until your right side mirror reachs the front edge of the back tire of another car.
- While stopped, turn your wheel one full turn to the right, don’t move forward or back while doing this turn
- Turn around and look out the back of your car check for cars and pedestrians.
- Start backing up check your right side mirror and make a 45-degree angle with the curb
- While stopped turn your two turns to the left and then move, once your car is parallel to the curb stop moving.
- While stopped turn your wheel one turn to the right.
- Engage parking brakes gear in the park position and turn off your car.
- In the parallel park for tests just remember don’t get very close to the car and don’t hit the curb!
- Examiners very rarely want you to park between two cars they always prefer you do a parallel park beside one car it is easier for you and them!
- Be very careful when you exiting from park position other vehicles have right of way over you check both directions (back and front of your car).
- Above procedure is called 1-2-1 style (1 turn to the right- 2 turn to the left – 1 turn the right)
- This style is designed for Parallel Park beside one car which is the case for 99% of the driving test in GTA (Rarely examiners wants to park between to cars).